Old Berry tried and true,

The Shrine of many a memory of

The Silver and the Blue.

Our loyalty and love we pledge,

God keep thee without fail,

Be thou the light that shines for right,

Alma Mater, Hail, All Hail!

You a Viking sir?

Daughter went to UGA, then UAB med school. But, she had multiple scholarships to help out, plus those student loans. Once she got into residency and then a fellowship she still needed some help, but it eased up.
14 years is a long slog.
kept us from getting a new car for years.
One of my co workers drove up in a new pickup a couple of years ago,

he finally said that his wife had bought it for him as a birthday present and we were razzing him about it .
And he said “bout damn time i got something, I paid her way through Emory medical school “

I have a daughter headed to Southern or UGA in the fall. Reminded her we have Georgia Southwestern just down the road and no housing required or meal plan.
I told her she can go anywhere she can afford. We will certainly help but I don’t want her to know that. I have no idea what it truly cost for a kid to go to college but I’m buying toys when I can. Don’t think she leaves until August.

Everyone's situation is different, and, no, college is NOT for everyone.
Having said that, I have one kid halfway through college (scholarship, works two jobs, momma and I help out as much as we can) and our second starting in the fall. Both will graduate with no student loan debt.........even if I DO have to keep on driving my POS 2001 Chevy work truck to make it happen.

I think a lot of kids are going to start going online for the price alone. College will have to change how it charges or more and more will do trades or College online.

The price keeps raising most parents I know don’t have the money o help themselves much less help pay for kids education system.

I think a lot of kids are going to start going online for the price alone. College will have to change how it charges or more and more will do trades or College online.

The price keeps raising most parents I know don’t have the money o help themselves much less help pay for kids education system.
I paid my own way through West Georgia (a long time ago) commuted from Newnan until the last year.

it seems like it was $285 a quarter plus books , gas etc.

seemed like a lot to a poor boy back then seems cheap now.

50,000 a year at Berry. Luckily daughter had great grades in high school and received enough scholarships to cut that in half. Told both of my girls I would buy them a new car at 18. I also would pay all college cost. But don’t expect a lot of money when I pass. I am spending it all on what I want. I will leave enough to put me in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom