College football season 2018 - general smack talk....

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160807_ba28fc5a8d2a3828e48296dc51b91a72.jpg

I like the way you said "chances". Roll Tide

SEC is going to have more competition this season in the West. LSU and Texas A&M look good. Never know about Auburn, but I doubt they're going to be bad. East looks wide open for Georgia to run over, especially if Franks is starting at Florida. I'll pull for Alabama, like always, and that's where I'd put my money, but I won't fall over in surprise if it gets ugly this season.

If the warplainscats don't show some sign of improvement (won't be easy), Gus's posterior should be feeling a bit warm.

His posterior may get warm, but with Malzahn's new contract and him being paid $6.7 million in the first year of the deal and he will automatically be given a $100,000 raise every year for the remainder of the deal, maxing out at $7.3 million (before bonuses) in 2024, the final year of the contract, it is going to cost Auburn a bunch to fire him. Auburn may be better than expected, but I don't believe they will be as good as Ala and LSU, and maybe Tx A&M. Just my opinion and it is way too early to know what Auburn may or may not be.

Reactions: GFB
Good grief! When was that contract done? And why? Seems like the rumor last year was that boosters were trying to gather money to buy out his contract.

I will say they are missing a stout running back and maybe QB that makes Gus's offense work. Their defense should/could be pretty good. I'm not sure who they have new this year.

Good grief! When was that contract done? And why? Seems like the rumor last year was that boosters were trying to gather money to buy out his contract.

I will say they are missing a stout running back and maybe QB that makes Gus's offense work. Their defense should/could be pretty good. I'm not sure who they have new this year.

I read it at this link. It was Feb, 2018 according to the link. I thought this to be the latest update.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...-contract-will-pay-him-6-7-million-this-year/

Back
Top Bottom