• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold drills.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
So, how many cold drill reps have you done in the last 48 hours? Dry fire, Draw, Reloads etc.?

Shooting skills are very perishable and most of them can be done in your home without firing a shot.

So, how many cold drill reps have you done in the last 48 hours? Dry fire, Draw, Reloads etc.?

Shooting skills are very perishable and most of them can be done in your home without firing a shot.

Dryfired a considerable amount with three different guns yesterday...Will do so again tomorrow...And hope to get in some "Live Fire" on Saturday or Sunday....mikey357

Yeah, the reason I thought about it is because I realized I had not done any in quite a while, did some draws and could tell I had really lost the edge. Back to work!

Yeah, the reason I thought about it is because I realized I had not done any in quite a while, did some draws and could tell I had really lost the edge. Back to work!

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems that my "Shooting Skills" hang around longer with no Practice--Whether "Dry Fire" or "Live Fire"--Than my "Gun Handling & Manipulation Skills" do...FWIW....mikey357

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems that my "Shooting Skills" hang around longer with no Practice--Whether "Dry Fire" or "Live Fire"--Than my "Gun Handling & Manipulation Skills" do...FWIW....mikey357

Agreed! Pulling the trigger is one of the easiest things to do. Everything else is much more difficult to do well and will get you killed if they aren't sharp.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if you can punch out a 2 inch bull at 25 yards with a pocket pistol if you can't deploy the thing in a hurry, reload smoothly and clear a malfunction without thinking about it.

Yea I too have lacked on this. I live fire about once a week, but some dry fire in between and drawing drills would definitely be helpful. Thanks for the reminder!

Back
Top Bottom