• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP getting 99,000 more Garands

It is a USGI receiver, bolt, oprod, trigger group in a new stock and new criterion barrel. great shooter no collector value.
What he said. Can make great 'shooters' and many do shoot them in matches. When you use a 'correct grade' in a match with a good barrel, you reduce its value with every 100 rounds.

My CMP special is literally my favorite rifle. It will hold a 10 inch plate at 400 yards, and looks great also. Receiver and other parts are WW2, so there is history there also.

Not a fan of the CMP rebuilding and refinishing the Garands and 1911's, saw a supposed picture of one of the 1911's and it looked brand spanking new :(

Some are not refinished which I do prefer

Some are in rough shape need to be blasted , reparlerized etc

I like old original finish our Armory rebuilds but for a shooter the CMP special is spot on

What he said. Can make great 'shooters' and many do shoot them in matches. When you use a 'correct grade' in a match with a good barrel, you reduce its value with every 100 rounds.
Whoa, I did not know that. So, in essence we shouldn't shoot our collector grade rifles much?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Whoa, I did not know that. So, in essence we shouldn't shoot our collector grade rifles much?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Well, I wouldn't say that. It's a matter of how you measure the pleasure of ownership. Some love shooting them regularly some want them to appreciate in value. I shoot mine although irregulalry. I have service grades I do shoot in matches but they'll have to be rebarreled at some point.

I shoot all of mine but not as often as i like. I really haven't thought about them losing value as collector's items...i'm not sure that's as big of a deal as it sounds. I suppose if i had paid thousands of dollars for an all-original all-correct model that was assembled by Mr Garand himself that i wouldn't......no, wait.......yeah i'd probably shoot that one too.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom