Clip & Crayon

With all the current attacks against 2a right now, should we really be ignoring folks based off of what they call firearm components and accessories. Personally I couldn't give a fat rats ass what someone calls them, matters more to me that they have them and know how to use them.
No sir we shouldn't, and most of us just run with what was dropped..
I don't mind what folks call their gats but all mines got names..
Ignore folks who lock their for sale ads with remorse though, its the one peeve I'm struggling with.

Ignore folks who lock their for sale ads with remorse though, its the one peeve I'm struggling with.

speaking of the "locking FS/FT" ads......I've seen a lot of that lately, especially on FS ads where the prices per round may seem high to some. It limits communication with the seller only through PMs and stops any negative comments - basically the ad's best chance for someone to buy it and not be dissuaded by comments....

speaking of the "locking FS/FT" ads......I've seen a lot of that lately, especially on FS ads where the prices per round may seem high to some. It limits communication with the seller only through PMs and stops any negative comments - basically the ad's best chance for someone to buy it and not be dissuaded by comments....

I know in the past mods would lock adds that people couldn't refrain from commenting on. Don't know if that practice is still employed. I also know several older members who lock their ads because they don't want people commenting on the ad, and would prefer PM. To them the comments clutter up their ad. They don't care that they bump the ad for them. It's personal preference and I won't begrudge someone for not wanting comments in their ad.

If they weren't locked, would you comment sniper22 sniper22 ?

I feel like some lock their threads because of nefarious reasons and some lock because of opinionated asshats that have nothing better to do but stir crap, and then threads get locked by mods because the comments got off track.

dont stop you from putting them on ignore at all

I know in the past mods would lock adds that people couldn't refrain from commenting on. Don't know if that practice is still employed. I also know several older members who lock their ads because they don't want people commenting on the ad, and would prefer PM. To them the comments clutter up their ad. They don't care that they bump the ad for them. It's personal preference and I won't begrudge someone for not wanting comments in their ad.

If they weren't locked, would you comment sniper22 sniper22 ?

I don't mind seeing locked comments (in these cases, probably by the poster because there IS an option for that). I usually see the gun, description and the price and say in my mind, "WTF is he smoking?" or "maybe I want that."

Back
Top Bottom