• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cleaning

jc

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
i have read several places that the best way to clean your barrel is from the breech to the muzzle. i see the logic behind this but it seems to me that other than a bore snake it is impossible on most firearms. just wondering what method some of yall prefer. i guess i could keep doing it my old fashioned way and put the patch on and soak it after i have run it through and then pull it out towards the muzzle. just wondering how big a deal is the direction when cleaning the barrel? thanks.

If I am betting my life on my gun I clean it vigorously everytime. If you are talking about a hunting rifle. I usually use a bore snake untill accuracy deteriorates and then do the whole barrel scrubbing thing frm the chamber area working towards the muzzle

Old school, wet patches (CLP) with aluminum/brass rod, then bore brush (copper/brass), then wet patch followed by dry patches. I try to go from bore to muzzle as the gun design allows.

For high power rifle I run a wet patch with copper solvent until most of the copper is out and the patches come out relative clean. Then wet (CLP) to dry patches to prevent corosion. I don't normally have to perform this extra step for my pistols.

love the video. i guess i'm like you RamRoddoc. i was taught back in the 60's and 70's the rod from the muzzle to the breech method. never even knew of a bore snake. yeah Chuckdog, Otis is a good system. thanks for the feedback[and video].

Back
Top Bottom