• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Choosing the right course?

OK we're all missing the big question here. HOW are you wining carbine matches with an AK???:wacko: Not trashing AK... Just saying that once you introduce reloads and points based accuracy I've never seen an AK that can keep up with it's AR equivalent. With that said if you come up to Elliay / Jasper PM me and I may be able to help you out.

OK we're all missing the big question here. HOW are you wining carbine matches with an AK???:wacko: Not trashing AK... Just saying that once you introduce reloads and points based accuracy I've never seen an AK that can keep up with it's AR equivalent. With that said if you come up to Elliay / Jasper PM me and I may be able to help you out.
It's not the arrow but the Indian holding the bow.

To be perfectly honest with ya man, I was getting my ass handed to me by the AR guys until I switched from 7.62 AK's to 5 45x39 AK 74's. From then on it was fair game. I train hard man. Real hard.

To be perfectly honest with ya man, I was getting my ass handed to me by the AR guys until I switched from 7.62 AK's to 5 45x39 AK 74's. From then on it was fair game. I train hard man. Real hard.

Awesome. I have 5.45 AK and AR. If you want to come up here to Ellijay and train let me know. Also Weems and Sparrow do some pretty solid stuff in the Watkinsville area..... Bring in a lot of talent.

Our head of special operations has recently retired out of Delta. Here is a list of our civilian courses that we offer. It looks like our Gunfighter Carbine Phase 1 class would be something that would interest you. Our next one is on September 24th. Feel free to PM me, email me, or call with any questions. I have the link below that will take you to our civilian side of training.
http://www.gtitraining.org/civilian-training.htm

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for marksmanship based training, I would recommend starting with an Appleseed marksmanship training event. You can't get better training for twice as much. Two days is $60, I think. Good, solid, shooting skills, with a discussion on actual distance. Occasionally they hold Actual Distance shooting events where you can stretch it out to 400 yards.

If you're looking for rifle training and combat team tactics I recommend a drive to West Virginia with Max Velocity Tactical. He'll give you a good focus on the carbine and then a lot of focus on working as a team. He'll give you some grief about your "Godless commie rifle" however, but it's all good-natured.

Don't discount your AK-74 as far as accuracy goes; I've seen a guy hit a human silhouette 5 times out of 5 at 600 yards with one, with the iron sights that came on it.

Back
Top Bottom