• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Choosing the right course?

leechnilk1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I could use a little help trying to decide what level of training I need to select. I have learned a lot from unofficial training, friends, videos, practice, and competitions and such. I train more than most guys that I know. I have been at the range 3 to 4 times a week for three years. I shoot in carbine competitions and I do well, winning often enough.

I am just at a place now where I am ready to step up and start paying for some serious training. I know where I am weak and what I want is some pretty heavy Rifleman 1 type training. Living in Metro Atlanta I have been limited to largely 25 meters. I can run my gun, gear, mag changes, transitions and such, but I don't know my holds at distance for squat! I need to get outside.

When I look into training I get lost as to where to start? I don't mind going over the basics at all, but I'm not made of money. I'm also no freaking Rambo either and don't want to waste my money while embarrassing myself at the same time. I shoot AK's so anything over 300 yards and I'm just going to get in the truck.

Any guidance you guys could offer is greatly appreciated.

'Super' Dave Harrington has an excellent carbine course. His training is intense so check your ego at the gate. He's not spiteful or mean but is very blunt in his delivery.

I've heard good things about Erik Lund as well.

Back
Top Bottom