• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Choosing a new bank or credit union

For loans and mortgages I'd stick with credit unions nearby you. If you don't much travel, I'd go with them for your check accounts and everything, no doubt.
THIS. We've used credit unions exclusively for over twenty years. They're on the ball with fraud, they know and appreciate us, there are NO fees etc. etc. The rates are better than banks.

Oh, and NO FEES (repeated for effect).

Wonderful mother in law was the manager for an Air Guard Credit Union. She knows the ins-and-outs, pros and cons of banking.

Lastly, BOA wanted to charge my friend for Making Deposits from his business. Read that again: they wanted to charge him a fee for depositing money into his business account.

I use Capital One Bank for my primary account and have been very happy with service. They are primarily online banking but do have physical branches if needed and you can go to cvs to deposit cash

Been using Synovus for 15 years and everyone at my local branch greets me by name when I walk in - small town feel to it. I also bank at Georgia's Own Credit union - great rates if you plan to buy a car.

Synovus- Walk into one and you will never go back to big banks. Personal service, they have coffee, bottled water and snacks.
They also handle almost anything for me over the phone if needed.
I inherited Synovus from several sale outs. I have been happy with them so far and have branches most every where I go

I use Delta Community Credit Union. I have used their ‘shared banking’ and deposited checks or withdrawn cash as far away as Tucson Az and San Diego Ca. Aside from having to fill out a form. Its the same as walking in a DCCU office here.

Years ago you had to qualify to become a member. Not anymore.

Good luck, I hope you find a good one. If I were you shop around. Interview them just like you would if you were hiring an employee. I'm old school and I like dealing with a person, I know good luck with that too

I only use Navy Federal. Good rates, great service, never had any fraud issues. Used BOA in the past and had numerous issues with them. Couldn't pay me to do business with BOA again.

Reactions: GFB
I only use Navy Federal. Good rates, great service, never had any fraud issues. Used BOA in the past and had numerous issues with them. Couldn't pay me to do business with BOA again.
I share a NFCU account with a partner. I’ll take DCCU any day over NFCU. I end up waiting in line just to be treated rudely. Better, quicker, and certainly nicer service at DCCU

Back
Top Bottom