Chinese Type 53 (mosin nagant M44 copy) from J&G sales

usmc2112

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
This rifle is a Chinese-made copy of the Russian Mosin-nagant carbine . Rifle+shipping+ FFL dealer fees I"m still in less than $200. The rifle is a little worn mine had a slight amount of rust on the outside of the bolt, but this was only cosmetic (all this was mentioned in the advertisement). I paid the extra few buck for hand select. My rifle has a shiny smooth bore, but the stock is all dinged up. The bolt is "worn in" and very smooth. The only modifications I have done are a rubber butt pad, black hawk tactical sling I had laying around, and I cut a new 11 barrel crown.
These rifles come with a folding "sks" type bayonet attached to them, this is a very handy feature, need to stop and relieve yourself? Just unfold the bayonet and stick the bayonet in the dirt, problem solved. So far I absolutely love this thing, it is the best "knock around" rifle ever! Rifle got bounced around in my jeep? No problem, I'm sure it saw worse at the hand of the Chinese Army! Left it outside your tent at night and dew collected on it! no problem, just wipe it off and move on! Stock got dinged up because it fell out of your jeep? Not a problem, it was already dinged up! These rifles are well-used, and have tons of Character, and make excellent truck/trunk/trail/knockaround guns. I have not shot mine for accuracy, but it can hold minute-of-coke-can, Bottom line is Gun is cheap but solid, ammo is cheap and powerful, and they are fun! snap them up!

I got one from classic city. I got fair warned about the condition ahead of time. Got it honestly after a good cleaning it wasn't too bad not compared to some that I saw at some recent gun shows that was horrid. I just wiped the stock off and I take the action out and sprayed it all down with brake cleaner. Oiled it up throw a stripper clip in and let'er eat. To me I think it has less kick then the 91/30.

That non chlorined brakeleen is best to get all the junk out of the action. Don't use it on the stock it will strip everything off. If your going to stain one that stuff is the fastest to take it all off and doesnt leave oil residue behind like other brake cleaner or other cleaners.

I normally get 2 cans for every mosin on the first clean.

i have several of them from SOG. i did pay the extra for hand select, and the ones that I received are great. 3/5 have matching numbers, all have a chrome-lined barrel, and the bluing is 85% or better on 4/5. The stocks cleaned up nicely, 3/5 of them have some pretty deep dings but once you clean them up they look pretty good. Great shooters and lock up tight..... I really dont understand why people don't like them....they're an excellent buy for the money.

I cleaned it and crowned the barrel myself, used a buddie's professional crowning tool...that did wonders for the groups but also made the muzzle blast different.

Back
Top Bottom