• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chinese food storage habits

I know that most people from Germany, Italy, etc., will not drink stuff cold either. They like their beer, cola, milk, water and all at room temp. No ice, no chill. :shocked:

yeah, I remember my wife asking for "iced tea" at the British Museum. One ice cube. "No, I want a LOT of ice", so they gave her a second ice cube. That was 1995.

My Polish coworker said that he didn't like cold beverages because they made the fat congeal in your stomach.

My Polish coworker said that he didn't like cold beverages because they made the fat congeal in your stomach.
I'm sure there's a polish joke in there somewhere, but I assume Poles have a body temp of 98.6 and stomach pH of some where between 1.5 and 3.5? Maybe not. Ask him. ;)

yeah, I remember my wife asking for "iced tea" at the British Museum. One ice cube. "No, I want a LOT of ice", so they gave her a second ice cube. That was 1995.

I drove limo and done some guard work for a guy in the 90’s to early 2000’s ...... he was from Austria. He would have people come stay at his place all the time from that area of the world and that was the way they were. He always had a few private staff around the ‘house’ . (Which was more of a mansion) The maids would always bring folks drinks and they constantly were having to be told to use no ice and serve everything warm .
The best part was when his mother would come....i was on 24 hr hire, stayed at the mansion, etc., but she would mix everything ! Wine and cola, beer and coffee, just weird freaking combinations ! Lol. Always different too.... she was in her 90’s then and could out last me as far as going and doing things. She was good for 10-15 hrs at a time before she needed rest ! The man would always have one of us assigned to her constantly and it was usually me because she liked me....she was a card ! Lol.

I'm sure there's a polish joke in there somewhere, but I assume Poles have a body temp of 98.6 and stomach pH of some where between 1.5 and 3.5? Maybe not. Ask him. ;)

No, that wasn't some sort of joke. He's just the only mainland European I've ever asked about it. Can't follow up; don't work with him any more.

I didn't want to argue with him. Thermoregulation, homeostasis, "so what?", etc. etc. etc.

I drove limo and done some guard work for a guy in the 90’s to early 2000’s ...... he was from Austria. He would have people come stay at his place all the time from that area of the world and that was the way they were. He always had a few private staff around the ‘house’ . (Which was more of a mansion) The maids would always bring folks drinks and they constantly were having to be told to use no ice and serve everything warm .
The best part was when his mother would come....i was on 24 hr hire, stayed at the mansion, etc., but she would mix everything ! Wine and cola, beer and coffee, just weird freaking combinations ! Lol. Always different too.... she was in her 90’s then and could out last me as far as going and doing things. She was good for 10-15 hrs at a time before she needed rest ! The man would always have one of us assigned to her constantly and it was usually me because she liked me....she was a card ! Lol.

Europeans like vodka... and Coca-Cola. Apparently rum, bourbon, etc. is exotic and expensive. Yucko.

No, that wasn't some sort of joke. He's just the only mainland European I've ever asked about it. Can't follow up; don't work with him any more.

I didn't want to argue with him. Thermoregulation, homeostasis, "so what?", etc. etc. etc.
I didn't mean HE was joking, I meant there seems to be a Polish joke about everything. :)
I've heard others (locals) contend the whole "drinking cool beverages congeal fat in your stomach" thing. The human body chemistry (temp and stomach pH) would contend that is complete nonsense.

I've had Mexican in Siberia, prepared by an Indian guy. Curry chicken burritoes were delicious.

Have you ever seen the show The Blacklist? Your comment reminded me of something the main character on there would say.

"There's this little Mexican restaurant in Belgrade on the corner of Pivo and Picka where the Indian chef prepares the most delicious curry chicken burritos."

blacklist-gif-11.gif

Well, I've been to China, though a long time ago. I've had better Chinese food in Sandy Springs (China Cooks and Canton Cooks), and Duluth (East Pearl). China Cooks closed, but I highly, highly recommend Canton Cooks on Roswell Rd., and East Pearl in front of the Pleasant Hill Home Depot. There's another Canton Cooks ("II") location; haven't tried it, but I'll bet it's great too. Get the Dragon Soup at Canton Cooks.

I've been to India... and only had one really good Indian meal there in several weeks on the ground. I've had multiple better Indian meals at Standard Tandoori, in Reading, UK. And another in Putney, but I forgot the name. Closest thing around here that I know of is Zyka, in Decatur. It's worth the drive from Gwinnett for the food. The atmosphere is not fancy, but the food is dynamite. Try Chicken 65.

I'm not a Starbucks customer; don't know their lingo. But the last time I was in Mexico City, I needed coffee and the swill at the Sky Mexico office wasn't cuttin' it. So I went across to Starbucks with a colleague there from India. Not knowing the Italian Starbucks lingo, Ashish helped me. So I had an Indian help an American with Italian... in Mexico. What a world. : )

But I digress.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom