• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chili for Dinner Last Night

I love it because some people are sincerely passionate (read: angry) about it. Not to imply that's the case here.
Well, it's 'cause we're talking about chili. You want to start a jihad? Bring up lima beans in Brunswick Stew or, God forbid, slaw on a barbeque sammich.

we need recipes!
Recipe? You got it:

1 Large onion diced and browned in bacon grease
1lb Browned Ground Venison (or similar 🤬)
1lb Browned Hot Breakfast Sausage
2 Cans Bush's Chili Magic
2 Cans Chili Fixins' Rotel Tomatoes

Simmer for an hour or more to break down the 'maters and serve with Fritos, Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream, pickled japs/diced onion and a Tall Boy! It don't get any easier, and it is hard to beat. Period.

Well, it's 'cause we're talking about chili. You want to start a jihad? Bring up lima beans in Brunswick Stew or, God forbid, slaw on a barbeque sammich.
If I'm in NC I always get a barbecue sandwich. Pulled pork, slaw, Texas Pete on a hamburger bun. Plus, Brunswick Stew is from Virginia. So, anyway, nothing to argue about. . . :target:

Mine is really simple. I use a large can of tomato sauce, 1 regular can of Bush’s Frijoles Negros, 1 regular can of Bush’s chili beans, 1 large can of diced tomatoes, and 2 lbs of ground chuck. THe chili season I used is Carroll Shelby’s.
Brown the ground chuck, drain, add chili seasoning to the beef, and add all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1-2 hours. I use the included masa flour sparingly as a filler to thicken the sauce.
Ill let you know friday what I think! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom