• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicago's Cook County OKs gun tax of extra $25

At one time in my life, I used to wonder how people who fled the Communist Bloc felt about it. Did they miss their former countries? What regrets did they have about their decision to flee?

Having fled Chicago/Cook County 27 years ago, I think the answers are probably No and None.

Typical government thinking. They expect to get $600,000 in tax revenues according to the article. That's 24,000 guns. Sounds like a lot of legal guns are sold in Cook County. I find it hard to believe that many are sold. Even if true, people will just buy outside the county. How much revenue has Georgia raised with the super speeder tax they imposed? not even close to the projections when it was passed to fund trauma care hospitals. Why?,cause people slowed down to less than 85!

The real issue is they minimalize the good that guns do to prevent crime-violent, felony, rape or totally ignore it in their pursuit of further gun (ammo) restrictions. A wise representative when faced with a similar situation a few years back countered with a proposed tax on those who choose not to legally purchase arms and ammo, since they inadvertently reap the benefit of those who choose so.

It goes both ways, really! But this is Cook County and in the Republic of Chicago.

A search of the "good that guns do" is important to consider as far as crime reduction, injury prevention, and murder prevention. Then again this is Chicago and we will be having none of that.

Back
Top Bottom