Chestnut Mountain range - Georgia DNR input needed

How is the creek crossing? I don't have my truck anymore and now driving a Honda Civic. Do you think I'll cross the creek?
Sure, if it looks like this...
55daed3b2974c.jpg

Hello ODT. My wife and I are thinking of going up to Chestnut Mtn. DNR range and wondered if anyone has shot there? I can only see they have a 100 yard range. Are there any shorter pistol facilities? Can't pass up $5/person for the day. Just wondering what to take. Thanks!
On the weekend you will see why investing in a gun club is worth it. Lack of safety and discipline...people shooting your target like they own it. No manners. No RO. Floyd County wildlife is the same distance from me and a great place with people that understand guns.

On the weekend you will see why investing in a gun club is worth it. Lack of safety and discipline...people shooting your target like they own it. No manners. No RO. Floyd County wildlife is the same distance from me and a great place with people that understand guns.
Well, luckily we're going on a Friday, so hopefully that will mitigate some of the yahoos. Used to shoot at Creekside up in Cartersville until they went private. Mostly former Military guys and always a RO present. But I know what you mean...gonna check out Floyd Co. before next week and may have a change of plans. Thanks.

Google and see how much further Wilson Shoals is from you. Definitely no screwing around on that range.
CM is 58 miles from Kennesaw. Found Sumac range in Cohutta WMA 78 miles near the TN border. Think that may be the second choice. Wilson Shoals is almost 2 hours! Anybody been to Sumac?

CM is 58 miles from Kennesaw. Found Sumac range in Cohutta WMA 78 miles near the TN border. Think that may be the second choice. Wilson Shoals is almost 2 hours! Anybody been to Sumac?

Sumac is not as nice as Chestnut Mountain, but because of its location, you don't have to too many others there shooting. When there are others, the shooters at Sumac seem to be more experienced than those at Chestnut Mountain too.

Chestnut Mountain = Better facilities -- No phone reception
Sumac = Smaller, simpler facility -- a little phone reception

I live about 35 miles from Sumac creek and that's where i go, but dirtbags have shot holes in the roof and post! folks don't pick up their litter as well best to go on the weekdays, just a few miles up to Tenn, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom