• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Change of address?

Rommel

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Okay, I'm sure someone on here know the answer to this. I searched www.georgiacarry.org but must have not looked hard enough.

I originally was issued a GWL (then a Georgia Firearms License) in 2010. I have since moved. In the past to keep things all in line (and because I was worried that I would have to pay for another GWL) I kept my physical address the same (my parents house) on my DL since I was renting and it looks as if I will continue to do so. With the new legislation on DL's coming up it looks as if I will need to go ahead and update my physical address on my DL. In doing so and changing my physical address on my DL will my GWL be void since it will show a different address? I mean I haven't even changed counties.

Last edited:
...HOWEVER, SOME Gun Shops/FFL's will give you "Heat" if they notice that the Address on the DL does NOT match the one on the GWL...Ask me how I KNOW....mikey357
^^ this! happened to me a while ago at tucker guns > DL and GWL address doesn't match so he wanted to sweat me. what did he get in return?
<<yours truly flipped the bird and exited that **** hole.

edit: I did change counties but still, **** :mmph:

Call the Probate Court. There is no change of address for a GWL. The GWL is good until it expires, no matter where you currently live in Georgia and there is no renewal so it is a new application each time. I moved several times to different counties a few y6ears ago for my job and I called the Probate Court in each county and was told every time that nothing had to be done with my GWL.

I just moved a few weeks ago. The address on my driver's license is my old address. Last week I went to Forsyth county probabte court and got my georgia wepons license using my new address. They said it was OK as long as I still lived in Forsyth county and I still do. So I guess it dosent matter.

What is the new legislation concerning Driver's licenses that the OP referred to? TIA

Back
Top Bottom