• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CETME optics suggestions?

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
I just recently acquired one and am in the process of breaking it down, cleaning it, and checking it out. I have decided to put an optic on it and have purchased a claw mount for it....any of you guys have any experience / preference as to what kind of scope you'd put on it?

I don't know what kind of mount mine was but the scope was an all metal Weaver 3-9x40 along with an all metal claw mount..added what felt like about 2-3 lbs to the rifle..throw a loaded mag in there and that beast was heavy:lol:

I don't know what kind of mount mine was but the scope was an all metal Weaver 3-9x40 along with an all metal claw mount..added what felt like about 2-3 lbs to the rifle..throw a loaded mag in there and that beast was heavy:lol:
It's heavy alright! I'm wrestling with the decision because I want a red dot with infinite eye relief but also want the option to work at distance and there's not enough rail-estate to mount a magnifier and dot set up so I'm going to have to go with a single unit and can't decide.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ame=H&K+Low+Profile+Picatinny+Rail&groupid=79

Check that out..I had one and (depending on your mount) it gave me a longer rail than the claw mount rail did..might give you a little more room for a magnifier idk...it's definitely not the best thing out there (UTG) but it felt decently solid. Also with the claw mount I had that "hovering head" syndrome, this is a lower profile and you can get a little better cheek weld

That's almost the same mount I have...I didn't like the stanag mounts for exactly the same reason you mentioned....no connection with rifle...I'll keep looking

Back
Top Bottom