• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CDC Zombie truck spotted on the military base in Kings Bay GA

Anyone else seen these SUVs? I work on the base and saw their white SUV with FL tags and three CDC signs. One on both sides and a large one across the back the read:

CDC
Zombie Control Division

I had to look twice to make sure of what I saw.

"Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse" is a blog post by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that uses a zombie apocalypse metaphor to raise public awareness of emergency preparedness.[1] In a blog post titled "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse", the Director of the CDC's Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response, Rear Admiral Dr. Ali S. Khan writes: "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."[1] Comparing the upcoming hurricane season and possible pandemics to "flesh-eating zombies" from the horror film Night of the Living Dead and the video game series Resident Evil, Dr. Khan recommends Americans prepare for natural disasters as they would have prepared for "ravenous monsters".[1]

CDC Home

[h=2]Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response[/h]

[h=3]Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response[/h]

[h=1]Zombie Preparedness[/h]
Wonder why Zombies, Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombie Preparedness continue to live or walk dead on a CDC web site? As it turns out what first began as a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages has proven to be a very effective platform. We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack." So please log on, get a kit, make a plan, and be prepared!

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51_Ps5ufoyL._BO2_204_203_200_PI94afc7c32b1956a8908dfe1401393093.jpg

Back
Top Bottom