Caught on tape! Stealing yard signs.

2BD53B82-84E1-476D-8E9F-2F92F32D19AE.jpeg

But If someone smashed your mailbox 6 times?

Destruction of a US Mailbox is a Federal crime. Even though you bought it and installed it on your property, it becomes Federal property for the purpose of mail delivery. That's why it is also a crime to use it for any other purpose....newpapers, sales flyers, neighborhood notices, etc.

What an.idoit. I like your solution outside of catching the them. She is so stupid coming back multiple times. She actually made "the problem" way worse with your new sign.

Glad she was caught.......
I definitely see both views - part of me wants to press full charges, the other part realizes an 18 year old kid is sometimes a moron (heck, I was at times).
It's the OPs decision on what to do to the thief, not ours.
Though I would likely have her pay for the cost of "all" the signs (even the big one) just to prove a point.
My 2 cents - your mileage may vary.

at my job, in canton/holly springs area, we were giving away Kemp signs the past 2 weeks. I cannot tell you the amount of people who came in from waleska/canton area to replace their signs that were stolen. Everyday, several times a day, gave away dozens and dozens of replacement stolen signs......so yeah maybe it isn’t just one time, or one family someone has done this to?

I agree that just writing a letter of apology and meeting the homeowner in person for a personal apology isn't enough of a consequence. She should also have to do her best to make it right-- to PROMOTE the Kemp campaign in a way that COMPENSATES for her stopping you from promoting it, for those days your signs were missing.

So I think she should have to buy a couple EXTRA yard signs and place them not just on your property, but on the property of some other homeowners or business owners who agree. It should be easy to find such people through Facebook. Local people.

Or, if you only want her to deal with you and your property, make her hand-paint a much BIGGER pro-Kemp or anti-Abrams sign. Let her buy a sheet of plywood or simiar material, let her give it a base coat (maybe stovepipe black) and then let her paint on some orange letters (gives it a nice Halloween look) to spell out an appropriate message. She delivers that sign to you, and you handle the placing and mounting of it as you see fit. THAT would be a real lesson and true compensation for the harm she did to the Kemp campaign.

Back
Top Bottom