• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Case hardening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in GA but here in NC is a fine Smith doing case colors and more.

Dan Printz. http://danthegunman.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I had him redo a Win 94 of mine that was in a fire. There were pics of it up here. And, I would go back to Dan for more work any time.

Thank you sir! I was wanting to know the same thing. I thought I my try it but the equipment (furnace) is not in my budget nor am I inclined as of yet to attempt color case hardening steel.....yet.

I have a fine old Stevens .410 double barrel that begs for a color case hardened receiver and a traditional rust blue barrels.

Thanks!! Looks like it not going to happen locally.

I sent an email getting a price on metal prep and finish on that old rolling block.

Last edited:
Loadnplenty. Fit up the barrel and wood on the roller first. Also verify the interference fit of the hammer to roller first. do the RF to CF conversion, then send it for color case. I suggest caseing the frame, hammer, trigger, roller, trigger guard, buttplate. Have Dan Niter blue the pins and screws.

Check w/dan, he can prolly do all the rest of it too including the RF to CF conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ramroddoc

when ya get tired of the 410 Stevens SxS I'll baby sit it for ya!

Last edited:
Here is the work Dan did for me on GoodWife's rifle that was destroyed in a fire...all that was left was a dead soft action.

i.imgur.com_riLnw.jpg

i.imgur.com_DXRkb.jpg

i.imgur.com_5gLMO.jpg

i.imgur.com_JD74P.jpg

i.imgur.com_C6YHx.jpg

i.imgur.com_J7lEG.jpg

i.imgur.com_0xjNy.jpg

i.imgur.com_NKIrv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom