• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carp bait recipes? Anyone have a favorite recipe they can share?

I know a few have made me mad as heck cause at a distance they look like nice bass then after whacking in the face with a plastic worm a couple times or getting a better look at him you figure it out and the disapointment rolls in and the adrenaline fades.

they are good to eat if you do it right--you pickle them like you would pickle any thing else--add alittle spice-the one you got looks like just a local home growned -in fla we have chinese"s carp--we get them on fly with a little red berry fly--if your caught keeping them it"s a 500.00 dollar fine--they put them in the canals to eat the weeds..they get to be up and around 15 to 30 pounds---they fight for 2 min and guit--kind of like sex--great while it last----

oh wow, thats closer than I thought it would be.. I work out of the building that shows construction in front of it. Its the second building on your left when your heading back off base from the RV park. There is a small pond back behind our building in the pines that has some pretty good size bass or at least it did last year.

Just came back from taking my daughter. Caught 2 15lbs and 20lbs. Had a 3rd bust the line right at the bank. Lost 2 more to popped line on 6lb test. One really big one took my 6' rod with 12lb test up and over a 4' rail before I could crab the handle. Reel/rod and all right in the lake and I watched it disappear.

The dough bait we made up really worked. The strawberry koolaid flavored one worked better than the other standard dough color one.

Lots of fun for my 8yr old daughter!

JD

When i was little my neighbor was a die hard carp fisherman and his son told me his secret bait.It was a box of instant mashed potatoes and enough yellow mustard to make it where you could mold it into dough balls.I think he would either mold it onto the hook or use cheese cloth to keep it on the hook depending on which he needed to use at the time.

Back
Top Bottom