• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carp bait recipes? Anyone have a favorite recipe they can share?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I caught 1 on white bread but it doesn't stay on very long. The one I caught was about 3 1/2 feet long and I caught it on light tackle. I want to get my kids hooked into a couple of these big ones.

Thanks

JD

Attachments

• Carp at Lake D on base.jpg
    Carp at Lake D on base.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 81
In the crafts or fabric section you can pick up very fine netting. Bread balls, dough balls, cheetos, whatever in a piece of the netting. The netting keeps it together.

Don't catch to many bud unless you got an over population those guys are what control the over growth of weeds that can cause tackle loss. I know that on state ran lakes they don't want you to bother them at all but those are sterile I think if they aren't then they usually take over.

1 cup flaked, cooked carp
3 cups mashed potatoes
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons bacon grease
½ tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Mix carp, potatoes, bacon grease, butter, salt, pepper and paprika; then add beaten egg, Shape into cakes and pan fry in hot grease until a golden brown .

I am not sure I can remember the recipe exactly: but, it's cherry jello mixed thick like playdoh.... sticks to hook and stay there. I will try to track down my buddy that used to mix this up for us. I know there was something else added w/ the jello, but can't remember what it is.

Make your own...
My grand dad used to make up flour and cornmeal dough, mix in cotton to keep it together and on the hook longer, add some shredded xsharp cheddar. some garlic and vanilla extract ..every now and then you'll also get a sizeable catfish as well.

Last edited:
I never thought about eating them but your recipe was making me hungry!!

We turned it loose after the photo.

We used big chunks of dry dog food, rotate it back & forth on the the point of hook until it's buried in the middle of the chunk. They love it.

Back
Top Bottom