Canted gas block?

It should be leaning to one side or another. Some are easy to fix , others are harder. There are two pins that hold it in place. Some bang right out, others you have to heat up to break them loose.

You will notice when shooting that the sight is all the way over to one side and yet your still shooting far left or right.

Its not really a gas block either. Just a front sight base. No gas goes through there.

So what direction would you bang a front site base that is shooting low and to the right?

Back to the left correct? My AR has this issue.

i42.tinypic.com_ifvhu0.jpg

Does that look right?

Attachments

• ifvhu0.jpg
    ifvhu0.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 17
Will that thing shoot around corners? It looks bent to me as well.

What does it look like same angle picture taken facing the muzzle?

Not my weapon. It's a SAR-2 I'm looking at. These are out of production and so far as I am aware there is no warranty. Should I pass on the rifle, or is it worth taking a chance on? How do I go about fixing it if it is a problem? I can contact the seller and request more pics from the front.

Not my weapon. It's a SAR-2 I'm looking at. These are out of production and so far as I am aware there is no warranty. Should I pass on the rifle, or is it worth taking a chance on? How do I go about fixing it if it is a problem? I can contact the seller and request more pics from the front.

Bro, unless you are getting it at a "parts rifle" bargain basement price I'd stay away from that like the plague. But that's just me.
Short of a barrel replacement, there's really no "fixing" it.

Damn. I thought it'd be worth replacing the bubba'd handguards and top cover for a good 5.45 rifle. I'm going to get a couple more pics just to make sure I should pass. Seller said it shoots fine. I understand that's to be taken with a grain of salt. What kind of issues can that cause? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom