• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spikes barrel gas system length

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
Good evening

TDLR: does spikes have different gas lengths than other barrel makers?

Here is why I ask..

I have a spikes barrel that I’ve had for many years and it has been very accurate.

It is the same as this barrel although older.

Before I figured out it was that barrel shown above, I was trying to figure out if it was Mid-Length or carbine length barrel.

a google search and looking at images and articles shows carbine length gas at 7” and mid length at 9”

Many sources showed this, more or less.
IMG_5588.jpeg

I measured mine at 8.25” to the gas port from the end of the barrel extension as shown . I measure the gas tube at 9.75”. Spikes lists their carbine gas tube as 9.75” and they list the barrel as carbine length.

I know the obvious answer is to just compare it to another rifle but I only have this one old reliable guy.

That diagram shows the measuring points wrong. Measure from the gas port to the front of the extension face/shoulder, where the barrel nut rest. On a carbine length gas system, mine measures 7”, mid measures 9”.

That diagram shows the measuring points wrong. Measure from the gas port to the front of the extension face/shoulder, where the barrel nut rest. On a carbine length gas system, mine measures 7”, mid measures 9”.
Thank you that makes sense. i was making a noob mistake

Back
Top Bottom