• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can You Build American Ninja Warrior Obstacles Or Similar Training Aids?

Sam03

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
Hi Traders:
If you know the show, you understand the item(s) I seek. For the uninitiated, American Ninja Warrior (ANW) is an obstacle-based competition that involves climbing ropes, hanging from ledges, jumping from trampolines to cargo nets and other ridiculous endeavors attempted by single-digit-bodyfat youngsters who need more unfiltered Camel smokes in their boringly healthy lives. Anyway, I digress....

I have no building skills of any kind. I have attempted to build a few items, with varying degrees of success... and failures. My son, the 11 year old Parkour/travel baseball nut, desperately needs some backyard training obstacles that are less likely to maim him like mine have done. I don't need perfect; I need safe and functional. Every edge doesn't need to line up. I won't measure degrees and gaps between boards. I don't even know how to do that. What I need are sturdy, deeply sunk uprights that can be configured to hang ropes, handholds, hanging bars and the like.

I have been told that these obstacles don't require MIT/Ga. Tech engineers. They requires someone who can sink posts halfway to Asia, create some multipurpose training devices, and perhaps some creativity in terms of design and implementation. I'm not seeking perfection or works of art. Think of it more as a jungle-gym type set-up with the ability to add or take-away items as needs and preferences change.

I have attached a sad little picture of our backyard that shows a mulched area, a trampoline, and a few of the death-traps I have attempted to build. I need an ODT brother/sister who welcomes a challenge, expects to get paid what he/she is worth, and wants to make an 11 year old (and his mother and father) very happy. We are in the East Cobb/ Walton High area and you could work at your leisure: in addition to your regular job, as your primary job, or whatever.

PM me if you have an interest. By the way, did I mention the batting cage I need installed? What about the indoor rock wall? Lots of opportunities here.... Please contact me with questions. My thanks for your time reading this and my best wishes for a happy life. Most of us have it pretty good and we need to remember to be thankful.
_20150909_212646.JPG

Okay, so perhaps I made the ad too verbose (common problem for me) or needlessly complex. I need a person who can put posts into the ground, build things like monkey bars, swing sets, dip and/or parallel bars, or perhaps even deck design or construction. I don't need a full world-class ninja course. I need some uprights and cross pieces from which to hang ropes, attach assorted hand grips, or perhaps other items as needed. Anyone? We're nice people. Anyone?

I actually have a customer that was on the show and builds training facilities for people who want to try and participate or just train. Pm me I can get you his number.

Finals of Ninja Warrior on tonight. Isn't someone handy with wood, swing sets, or decks? If you aren't sure about building obstacles, how about some uprights and jumping boxes? Normal handy people certainly can build those, right? Too bad I'm abnormally ungifted/nongifted concerning tools. :(

Pm-ing you my number, sam. It's probably not the work, it's the liability that's keeping folks from helping out, plus the fact that you're offering pay, which brings in contractor licensing and other such headaches.

hey just look at it this way whatever you spend he just win it next season and snag that million bucks right? lol it only took 7 season for someone to achieve total victory. oh yah and +1 for being a cool parent for looking for ninja warrior stuff for your kid

Back
Top Bottom