• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can we please add a econ and finance subforum?

Sure, but you won't like my take on it. Honestly - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on this one. It's not practical to add a subforum for every possible topic, it just doesn't make sense. So, they way we've always done it is if you have an idea for one you start a thread in here to gauge the interest and if gets enough interest then it may get considered. This thread has been here for 4+ months and while it's gotten 50 something posts, there's only been maybe 9 or 10 people actually expressing any interest. That's not exactly a huge interest level.

Now all that being said, it's ultimately OS's decision as he's the only one that can add a forum. But like I said, I wouldn't count on it.
I'm no expert, but it seems like the template for this forum is pretty standard and wouldn't require the effort required to fit calling it "not practical." As for level of interest and participation... Have you stopped by the Fishing Reports subforum lately?

Now, I know it's not yours or any mods decision. Just pointing it out is all. I mean, we have a cooking and recipes subforum, but a financial and economics subforum is not practical...?

I'm no expert, but it seems like the template for this forum is pretty standard and wouldn't require the effort required to fit calling it "not practical."

Has nothing to do with what's required on the back end to actually add it.

As for level of interest and participation... Have you stopped by the Fishing Reports subforum lately?

Excellent example of my point. You add a subforum with what is bound to be limited participation and you end up with a dead one.

we have a cooking and recipes subforum

We do, and we got it because when it was suggested it got a high enough level of interest to get it considered and added. That one had a lot more interest and support on the front end that an econ forum does at this point, and it's not exactly a hotbed of activity either.

Has nothing to do with what's required on the back end to actually add it.

Excellent example of my point. You add a subforum with what is bound to be limited participation and you end up with a dead one.

We do, and we got it because when it was suggested it got a high enough level of interest to get it considered and added. That one had a lot more interest and support on the front end that an econ forum does at this point, and it's not exactly a hotbed of activity either.
Good points.

Sure, but you won't like my take on it. Honestly - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on this one. It's not practical to add a subforum for every possible topic, it just doesn't make sense. So, they way we've always done it is if you have an idea for one you start a thread in here to gauge the interest and if gets enough interest then it may get considered. This thread has been here for 4+ months and while it's gotten 50 something posts, there's only been maybe 9 or 10 people actually expressing any interest. That's not exactly a huge interest level.

Now all that being said, it's ultimately OS's decision as he's the only one that can add a forum. But like I said, I wouldn't count on it.
add every econ thread plus the silver thread, you would have an econ forum lol

Back
Top Bottom