• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping Trip- Jan14th-15th - BACK ON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did it go?

All the wood on the forest floor was wet, and it got down to 15 degrees overnight. We faired ok. could keep small fire going but not a big one. The larger pieces were too wet. I woke up around 2am, b/c i wasn't centered over the sleeping pad in my hammock and my left but cheek felt frozen along with my left knee. Otherwise ok. My buddy that went came to my hammock around 10:30pm...."Uh, hey man, you hear that?" I said, "no, i was alseep." My bud, "i keep hearing all kinds of noises". me, "I'm sure you do, we are out in the middle of no where, and the forest becomes alive at night with all the critters and such." my buddy,"I think I'm just out of my element, I think I'm gonna go sleep in the car". me, the car is 2 miles away, you want to walk in the dark back to try and find it"? my bud, "can I borrow your head lamp"? Me, "no dude, go to bed". it was a funny time.

I didn't take pics b/c I didn't build the shelter I wanted. When I realized that I was going to have a hard time sustaining a strong fire, I went to back up plan B and slept in my hammock. I'm going to plan another trip soon to the same location, it was perfect. Right next to a decent stream that led into a river about 20yds from camp, and a ton of wood on the ground with plenty of flat areas. I'm gonna plan another trip soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom