Camping Trip- Jan14th-15th - BACK ON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I am going camping on Jan 14th-15th at Dawson Forest up 400 in Dawsonville. There is camping along the river, it's about 1.5 mile hike in. Light hiking. This will be primitive camping. no electricity/water. The best man from my wedding is going, I think another good friend of mine is going, and maybe Will from coupdemain if he get's back in town in enough time.
I'll be testing my water filters, different fire making techniques, and new BOB/Camping equipment I have gotten lately. If we are lucky, maybe we can snag a rabbit or squirrel with a pellet gun and try out skinning and cooking some wild game.

http://www.gfc.state.ga.us/forestmanagement/dawson.cfm

if you scroll to the bottom and look at the maps, we will be on the pink trail somewhere along the river.

If you want to go camping with us, let me know, the more the merrier. I and others have planned these trips before on the ODT, and it can be a pain. That's why I set the time and place from the start. Hopefully you can make it.

John

THE DOCTOR HAS TAKEN ME OFF THE ANTIBIOTICS AND SAID THAT CAMPING WOULD BE FINE!!!

Last edited:
Only if someone wants to shake that bear. HA! Just kidding. We're gonna be there for 2 days, so I'm sure we will take a walk over and check it out. You gonna make it on this trip?

I have it on my calendar. I will have a better idea next week when my work travel schedule for January is finalized. Right now it looks good.

Last edited:
coming back from FL, but will try to make, just to shake that bear. Oh yea, you never know, you might here a "Turkey" if you bring a dog along lol

Anyone going with you John? Heck I'll go with you, camping alone is a drag.No spooning, no singing and absolutely no marshmellows.

Anyone going with you John? Heck I'll go with you, camping alone is a drag.No spooning, no singing and absolutely no marshmellows.

So far, no one has said for sure. I do need someone to help sing kumba yah with me. I know me and my best bud jason are going. Jason is a pilot and that is his next weekend off, so he's in for sure. Will, Klark, and Outlander will let me know I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom