Byte Stryke did me a huge favor - A true 1911 Expert

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/448888-My-1911-Colt-Commander-series-80-won-t-go-bang

So I posted up this thread last night. This morning Byte Stryke sends me a PM with his phone number and an offer to help. I very appreciatively said yes and he invited me to his home to fix my gun.

Being less than confident in my own skills, I figured I just re-assembled my Colt Commander 1911 series 80 incorrectly after cleaning it. I thought it was a couple of minutes and I was on my way, not too great of an imposition on his time with his family.

I certainly didn't realize how much of his time I was going to take from him. It was far from a "couple of minutes".

Here is the what was discovered. I took the gun to AO several months ago to adjust my Sear. I get the gun back, put it in my safe and don't get it to the range until last week. It doesn't go bang. I can't figure out why.

Byte Stryke spends every bit of an hour taking my gun apart and explaining what and why he was doing. All as a favor to a stranger. It turns out AO didn't reassemble the firing pin safeties (terms here) correctly, nor did they test the gun before giving it back to me.

Byte Stryke corrected the Gunsmith error over at AO and after a considerable amount of his time, effort and expertise handed me back a gun that now works.

I owe him one that I will square up on.

He knows his 1911s. And he helped out this complete stranger out of the goodness of his character.

Just plain wow!

Thank You

A Thank you to Geezer who also offered to fix my gun as a favor to a stranger.

Last edited:
More testimony to AO employee's vast knowledge and customer service! :rolleyes:
Glad your pistol is running right again and you didn't need to protect yourself/family with it prior.

Yeah, Those little extra series 80 parts are a pain to get right. Often takes me 2 tries.

Wait, I'm not a professional gunsmith charging people to fix their guns...

Guess what AO >>>>>

uploadfromtaptalk1372461423098.jpg

Back
Top Bottom