Buying a truck without a title

I deal with old classic muscle cars all the time. I ALWAYS insist that the GA DMV transfer the vehicle's title into my name. Much easier to sell a vehicle out of state.
IIRC, the title cost is $18.
If the car has never been registered in GA, the DMV will require local police verify the VIN and fill out a form...at no cost.

I deal with old classic muscle cars all the time. I ALWAYS insist that the GA DMV transfer the vehicle's title into my name. Much easier to sell a vehicle out of state.
IIRC, the title cost is $18.
If the car has never been registered in GA, the DMV will require local police verify the VIN and fill out a form...at no cost.

The inspection by the local cops is not required if you have a out of state title

Inspection is only required if you bring in a vehicle from out of state and dont have a title

We just titled and tagged a 80 Chevy with a out of state title
No problem. No inspection Even though it had a state issued VIN #

Did you talk with the head "They"?

I will gladly go over someone's head until I get to the top. Most of the time they would rather you go away happy and quiet.

I bought a 76 Nova back in 1999, with a title. The fine folks at the tag office said I didn't need to get a title. I told them I brought a title in with me and I expected to have a replacement title in my name. It came in the mail a couple of weeks later.

Most folks are lazy. Sometimes you have to poke them in the ass with a sharp stick to get them to do their job.

"they" had 2 cops show up and said I could leave or go to jail . So I left

Truck was a POS I got for free
So not worth making a scene over

The inspection by the local cops is not required if you have a out of state title

Inspection is only required if you bring in a vehicle from out of state and dont have a title

We just titled and tagged a 80 Chevy with a out of state title
No problem. No inspection Even though it had a state issued VIN #

Not quite true...Maybe it depends on the County worker...:rolleyes:

Registered a '70 Chevelle last summer that I had bought in NJ...complete with proper NJ title and Bill of Sale. Cobb DMV required local PD inspection and VIN verification.
I even had the original Dealer sales paperwork and Protect-o-plate.

And I've registered others with a Title...no problem or inspection needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom