Buy/Sell Meeting Guidelines

pfine9mil

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
NE Georgia (I-85 from N. Atlanta to SC state line)
I've searched sticky notes and help forums and can't find anything to provide general guidance for arranging meets to buy/sell a weapon. It probably seems like "common sense" to those who buy and sell to individuals all the time. To someone who has only purchased and traded with gunshops or relatives, it's different. And not wanting to offend anyone by suggesting we meet a secure facility with lots of paperwork, proof of this and that... just wondering what in general suits the mainstream buyers and sellers... if I've missed existing threads, just post a link. Thanks!

Keep it to daylight in a public place.

Exchange phone numbers prior and let the guy know the night before y'all are on and call him the day of before rolling out.

Make sure you both know what each other is driving and where you'll be located.

Be clear and upfront / ask if there will be any requirements beforehand, bill of sale, GFL...etc

If you say you'll take something actually take it, don't make someone drive an hour and then look at what they have and decide then you don't want it. If you are concerned about something like condition, ask for pictures and clarify prior to the meet.

Upon arrival shake hands with the guy and have fun :)

Oh P.S.

If someone asks you to meet them in an abandoned parking lot under a flickering street light off lavista road say no. That goes for prisons as well.

Previous thread:
icon6.png
guidelines for a safe buy, sell, trade transaction

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=91473&highlight=meet+public

Last edited:

Exchange phone numbers prior and let the guy know the night before y'all are on and call him the day of before rolling out.

Be clear and upfront / ask if there will be any requirements beforehand, bill of sale, GFL...etc

If you say you'll take something actually take it, don't make someone drive an hour and then look at what they have and decide then you don't want it. If you are concerned about something like condition, ask for pictures and clarify prior to the meet.

Oh P.S.

If someone asks you to meet them in an abandoned parking lot under a flickering street light off lavista road say no. That goes for prisons as well.

this x2

As far as location, I do alot of my meets in Walmart parking lots. They are normally well lit and most have video surveillance. Not to mention, they are usually easy to find. I even met at the police station for one trade. Just make sure to let them know first. It helped that he was a cop. We actually drew quite a crowd at shift change and made several future buys.

The one rule I live by is if I'm not comfortable, I don't meet.

DO NOT make your deals on Fairburn Road on the North side of I20. Seems like someone always calls the cops on you and then you have to deal with Douglasville PD

paperwork is up to you and buyer/seller, usually not done by most as it is not required by law
do what you say your gonna do , and treat other member how you want to be treated and you should have no problem

Oh P.S.

If I show up and the item is not as described, I will walk, but I won't use it as an excuse to renegotiate. I'm not talking dirty, but a rusted, non-functioning, or obviously misrepresented item will result in a non-sale.

Back
Top Bottom