• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bushmaster National Match Rifle

Inatree

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
Ive got a post ban Bushmaster National Match rifle.
A2, 20 Hbar. Fine and even finer peeps in the rear sight.
Really slick trigger.
Wicked accurate.
Other than that it is basically an A2 rifle
I did have the barrel threaded and installed a bird cage after the ban sunset .

I am considering cannibalizing it to make something else but I seem to remember that these rifles were made for a certain competition and was wondering if they are still used for for that before I take it apart.
Should I leave as is and pass it on to someone that can use it as is or go ahead an cannibalize ?

Considering the bull barrel gives it a +$190 in the blue book, it's probably better to sell it as is instead of scavenging it for parts.

I have one also. Damn fine rifle.

Unfortunately mine is missing the hood for the peep sight.

Does yours have the .30 or .40 rear sight aperture?

20190920_180621_HDR(1).jpg
20190920_180519_HDR(1).jpg

Given that both old and new Bushmaster are no more... don't touch it at all . It will be worth a heck of a lot more as a rifle than as parts.

Considering the bull barrel gives it a +$190 in the blue book, it's probably better to sell it as is instead of scavenging it for parts.

I have one also. Damn fine rifle.

Unfortunately mine is missing the hood for the peep sight.

Does yours have the .30 or .40 rear sight aperture?

View attachment 2521364 View attachment 2521365

Yep that's it but mine came with a 20 rd aluminum mag. Not sure it that was OE.
I don't see any size markings on the sights but I don't think a sewing needle would pass through that aperture.

I’d sell as is being a factory rifle. These pieced together Lego sets of AR’s all over the ODT are just tragic.

That's kinda what I planned to do with it.
I was going to make a ultra light A2 out of it (and replace the peep sights)
and put that barrel on a A3 receiver and make an accurate, scoped upper out of it.

Those are very nice and very accurate match rifles. I saw several on the line when I was actively shooting high power and never knew of any complaints or problems from the owners.

Back
Top Bottom