• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

build a chopper from a kit

Wasnt a lot of parts to be found around here in the boonies in the late sixties-seventies. Most of the "store bought" accessories I found in ads in Easyriders.
There probably WERE some places around Atlanta but if you didnt hear by word of mouth,see an ad, or find it in a phone book you didnt know......no instant searches back then.

Last edited:
Built this back in 2002.22" over stock Rolling thunder Frame cut it apart added single drop devils tail down tube,8" up 12" stretch.Tank was Sporster pnut tank cut split and stretched,rear fender as well and rear rim at the time no one was producing the 10" Rim when Metzler came out with 280 Tire. I split rim added 2" and welded up. Built the seat pan and covered in red suede.Did the paint aswell actually painted bike twice.First time was Candy Brandy wine just so happened that year HD offered several bikes in that color so I got some HOK Pagan gold played around with it then added some HOK red metallic when I shot the clear to it giving it a disco ball effect of sparkle.Chopper has been to Sturgis took numerous 1st places but sadly ole girl has moved on.
i1284.photobucket.com_albums_a564_Choppem1345_10092284_20079301730501_zpsc1bed7e3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom