• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bugging-In

I think that as a good start, 3 months of food and water for each person in your house or however many people you plan to have at your house is a good start.

Do some research on each subject, Noone is going to have the right answer for you.

These are really only questions you can answer yourself.

How much water does it take to live per day?
How many calories to stay alive, and best souce?
How much fuel do you use daily now?
How much Medical experience do you have and are comfortable adminstering?

This. For everyone its differant amounts and types of supplies but the categories remain the same.

FEMA has alot of good information on what you need. Primary items are non-perishable foods (canned/boxed/MRE), as well as Water. For drinking water, you should keep 1-gallon of water, per person, per day. Your family of 4, if needed to survive for 1-week, should have 28-gallons of water. Also, if you or your family members require Prescription medication, it's a good idea to keep those as well. If you have infants/babies, be sure to have formula/baby food. There is so much more information reguarding this, and it's honestly up to you as far as what you want to keep on hand incase you were to be stuck at home, or even displaced from your home.

If you would like more information, PM me. I'm an Emergency Manager at Robins AFB and train people on things like this every week. Just let me know if you'd like more information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom