• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bud's Gun Shop thievery

You should delete this “cancel culture” ramble. Buds is not “ripping off” or stealing from anyone. They aren’t forcing anyone to buy a gun. You have many options to purchase guns from Buds or elsewhere. Hell, they are giving you the gun AND free financing for months! If I ran a gun store I’d sue someone for slander that posted libelous BS like this online.
This isn't so much about Bud's as much as it is the company being used to gouge someone. Bud's should look into a better finance company, in fact they should avoid finance companies all together and get a bank to roll with.

Here's the thing, what if, IF, someone wanted to buy a particular item, but was looking at what would amount to a layaway deal. They keep the item, the buyer continues to pay on it, they are making interest off of your layaway. Christmas rolls around and the item is paid for and is sent to the buyer.
This way of making interest I can understand if the buyer understands as well.

Bud's IMHO should consider or reconsider a better avenue to help its customers or potential customers.
This is the only gripe I have with Buds, and before I posted this, I let them know in an email and in direct talks with an operator. Further I let them know that I would let all my friends at ODT .

I don't do anything in the dark, I walk in the light.

This isn't so much about Bud's as much as it is the company being used to gouge someone. Bud's should look into a better finance company, in fact they should avoid finance companies all together and get a bank to roll with.
How is it libel if your telling the truth and the information is staring you in the face. No one called Bud's dishonest, or called for a boycott, or said anything that could be construed as libelous.

Soooo... Taking advantage of people by charging outrageous fees/prices is now suddenly a bad thing?

I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to pay for that. If you don't like those prices and fees, don't pay them.

If it works for ODT, why isn't it ok for Bud's?

I dont think the OP realizes how difficult it is to get things like credit card processing for gun businesses, let alone trying to find a company that offers financing on purchases like guns. No one is forcing you or anyone to finance a gun from Buds, or even shop there. They aren't doing anything shady, they arent stealing, they are providing or service or rather putting you in touch with something to provide a service. High interest is the price you pay for poor credit.

the company providing the service is the one at risk. Dont like the price? what have we had shoved down our throats? Move along. and that always stated mantra,he can asks what he wants

I'm in the real estate business, and I've always hated the term "predatory lending." I call it predatory borrowing. I can't tell you how many times in the runup to the 2008 crash that home-buyers would pull up to their $400k new-construction home in a ****box 80's car the ISIS wouldn't be seen in, dragging the muffler and spraying engine oil on the new driveway, and not have enough money in the bank to pay the appraiser or home inspector. Love the SNL. We all paid the price for dumbasses who couldn't pay (from the start). And yes, I did turn down work that felt was shady. Unfortunately, there were many others to pick up the ball and run...

Same concept of buy here pay here car lots... they have high interest rates and take the risk to provide a way for people with bad credit and not a lot of money to still buy what they want. Same thing with buds... kudos to them!

Back
Top Bottom