• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bud's Gun Shop thievery

neauone

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
To all my fellow Outdoors Trader friends,

Today I received an email from Bud's Gun Shop so I checked out the website.
On the website it presents what seems to be a way to purchase a gun or rifle on a layaway program with payments as low as 50.00 a month.

Upon first glance it would get your attention, and you would think, cool, I'll pay for something little by little get the item of choice after a while and everything will be cool.

But what they are doing is using a finance company, which in effect is buying the gun for you as you pay them back, at what rate you ask?

Good question, the rate is 35% which means for every 50.00 you pay 17.50 in interest charges.
So if you buy a 1000.00 item, you will be paying 350.00 in interest.

Bud's Gun Shop is ripping people off, I could understand, 9-13%, but 35%.

Hickock 45 speaks fondly of Bud's, but perhaps he's unaware of this shameful charge Bud's is putting on its customers.

DAMN

Here's my thought on this:
Predatory Home, Car, Student loans are pretty scummy.
I have a friend who did something like that to finance some TV or some other nonessential BS. He whines and moans about the interest all the time. It is important to teach people that anything credit = they get a fat paycheck.

Even a $100 grocery order on a capital one card can double after interest without applying extra payments to principal. Loans is loans. The Mafia were better loansharkers than our current con-artist riddled industry of banking and financing.

They explain very well how is done. Layaway without interest 3 Months, same as cash.
Financing: It is not Bud’s Gun that finances it. You apply for a bank, and they have their credit check rules.
Understood, but Bud's could do a little homework and get the best deals for his customers

Here's my thought on this:
Predatory Home, Car, Student loans are pretty scummy.
I have a friend who did something like that to finance some TV or some other nonessential BS. He whines and moans about the interest all the time. It is important to teach people that anything credit = they get a fat paycheck.

Even a $100 grocery order on a capital one card can double after interest without applying extra payments to principal. Loans is loans. The Mafia were better loansharkers than our current con-artist riddled industry of banking and financing.
Yuuuupppp....
So that’s why a say to folks I know “don’t take your paid off car to Tittle Max, you will gonna lose it”....
same with groceries and any other financed crap....

Yuuuupppp....
So that’s why a say to folks I know “don’t take your paid off car to Tittle Max, you will gonna lose it”....
same with groceries and any other financed crap....
Maybe I'm just a deplorable. But I'm always in the thought of " Can't afford it? Y'oun't get nan den"

Back
Top Bottom