• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brand new hunter has deer hunting questions thanks

Yeah, on the doe age (and to avoid spending a tag on a button head) you can look at just the body shape. A young deer body will look square when viewed broadside. The older, mature deer will be rectangular. You'll know when you see a bruiser though! About double the weight and makes you say, "guuuuuuuuoah!"

Sadly no, in 2015 I drove down to my friends mothers place as her husband doesn’t hunt, and they have a stand up in a field on the property. It turned out that unbeknownst to my friend the stepdads coworker had dibs for the weekend. The kids and I left my wife in 2017(2016 was a wash as she wouldn’t let me hunt alone, and weekends are my time with the kids then) and I have them 24/7 as they haven’t seen their mom since sept 2018. In 2017 I had to sell my deer rifle and ton of ammo and other guns to afford a lawyer, since I was still paying for a house neither the kids nor I lived in till sept 2018 which bleed me hard. But, damn it this year I am going out(on my own if need be) during the week since the kids are in school and I am disabled(dragging a deer with be a B, but I have stretcher/litter to help). I will let ya’ll know if I bag a deer with my ak, as I still haven’t replaced the deer rifle.

Back
Top Bottom