• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brand Loyalty?

paisa777

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
So I'm new to the gun world having only purchased a G19 as my first gun last year. Lately, I've been thinking of purchasing another gun. I love reading how people enjoy their 1911s, M&Ps, S&Ws, etc. But, I keep gravitating towards Glock since it's "local". Is anybody else like this or is that depriving myself?

www.motifake.com_image_demotivational_poster_0901_celebrate_dic31736877d3a0ca44ef014f26f83c328.jpg

I think Glock is just a gun that everyone can say, they have at least one but probably two or even three.. Its a reliable gun that has proven to be a staple in the market... but as we all know it not very pretty and its not a WOW gun.. its just blah and gets the job done... A 1911 is just a whole different shooting experience then a glock is... Most are beautiful guns and like a piece of art when your shooting them.. As far as others go I think that everyone just has those couple different guns that for one reason or another are their favorite to shoot/carry... This is one reason you will see so much buying and selling on here... Ppl will buy a gun, shoot it, and realize that they dont really love it so they will trade it or sell it for something else.. There are sooo many great brands and guns out there and most of us want to buy/test/beg/borrow/or steal lol to get our hands on them...

I was die hard glock with first gun also, said that's all I'd have, but more I was around guns more I've liked others, I've had sig's, fnh's, glocks, Beretta's, 1911's and a Taurus. Love 1911 platform guess because of machinist hobby, I can do so much with it, but would suggest at least testing some others.

drtybykr has it correct. Try out as many as you can. That way you can buy what YOU like and not what everyone else likes.

Just buy only vintage S&W...:lol:

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

I, too, was a diehard Glock guy after I bought my G23. Then, 12 years later, my tastes completely changed. Now all I own are revolvers. But, if Glock was the best thing every built, then why are there dozens of gun manufacturers making all kinds of polymer guns? Because people's tastes are all different...obviously.

It's your money...buy what you like. No need to be staunchly loyal to one brand...unless that manufacturer is giving you them for free!!!

I have no brand loyalty as to firearms, or much else that is sold, for that matter.

My current carry gun is made by Kahr, and I carry itONLY because it meets more of the criteria I set for a CCW than does any other make/model available on the market.

If someone builds and markets something that is an even better fit, then I'll change, without blinking an eye.

just gotta try them. do your homework. i don't mind trying something if research backs it up. my prob is if i have a bad experience i tend not to try more. a lot of it has to do with money. i can't afford to blow money on a bad gun. my faves are glocks, 1911's, a few xd's, sig 220, and 45 acp revolvers.

Back
Top Bottom