• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brake or Warcomp for Surefire RC2 on SBR?

It just has a larger bore, exact same can otherwise.

Tucker/Doraville/Norcross Triangle

It does ping outside of the can but not bad, inside of the can I’m not sure yet since it is in jail (come on 90day approvals!!)
If it pings inside the can when shooting I’m going to mill a hole in each prong from the tip towards the base at different depths to unbalance the harmonics and keep it from ringing.

Ah ok. I'm going to stick with the RC2, its in stock and $100 cheaper. I only have 1 barrel under 10" and it wears my SDN-6. Not too far. I somtimes go to Decatur for work.

LOL I had no idea that would correct the pinging. Sounds like a much easier option than trying to find a 4 prong.

Where did you order your can?

Ah ok. I'm going to stick with the RC2, its in stock and $100 cheaper. I only have 1 barrel under 10" and it wears my SDN-6. Not too far. I somtimes go to Decatur for work.

LOL I had no idea that would correct the pinging. Sounds like a much easier option than trying to find a 4 prong.

Where did you order your can?

Bullseye in Lawrenceville has both colors in stock as of yesterday also. They are power by Silencershop also.

If you're shooting 11.5 and under you should go SB2. The SB2 has a better blast baffle better suited for SBR's. Im not really familiar with MK18 designations, so what barrel length are you running? Also those flash hiders make that irritating ping noise that really grinds my gears. Not sure about Surefire Socom series.

I was thinking about the RC2. I know the SB2 is for SBRs but I'm trying to remember the difference. IIRC the bore is a little bigger right? Is the blast baffle any stronger? Any db difference?

If you're shooting 11.5 and under you should go SB2. The SB2 has a better blast baffle better suited for SBR's. Im not really familiar with MK18 designations, so what barrel length are you running? Also those flash hiders make that irritating ping noise that really grinds my gears. Not sure about Surefire Socom series.

Same information I got from SF Customer service.(see below) the RC2 and SB2 are identical cans other than the bore diameter. You’ll get lower dB number with RC2 over the SB2, SB2 is louder because the bore is larger.

I asked for recommendations for muzzle device and said I was going with the 3prong and the rep said “niiice, that’s the best choice, the warcomp and MB are better for unsuppressed shooting, the 3/4prong are the best for can”
418D9A90-1B31-478F-8B94-BC61A6669C08.jpeg

I think Barry Dueck agrees

Same information I got from SF Customer service.
I asked for recommendations for muzzle device and said I was going with the 3prong and the rep said “niiice, that’s the best choice, the warcomp and MB are better for unsuppressed shooting, the 3/4prong are the best for can”
View attachment 3826058

I thought I read somewhere that the SB2 had a better blast baffle.
I think that was a common misconception that dates back with the RC and SB models. Seems like the larger bore is the only difference.

The MK18 Mod 1 has a 10.3" barrel, the MK18 Mod 0 has a 10.5"

I thought I read somewhere that the SB2 had a better blast baffle.

I think that was a common misconception that dates back with the RC and SB models. Seems like the larger bore is the only difference.

The MK18 Mod 1 has a 10.3" barrel, the MK18 Mod 0 has a 10.5"
The SOCOM MG series can did. But the RC2 and SB2 did not.

Back
Top Bottom