• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brake or Warcomp for Surefire RC2 on SBR?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I'm going to splurge and get a Surefire can to run my MK18 Mod 1. My thought process has always been to use a muzzle break on SBRs to act as a sacrificial blast baffle. That aside from what I understand the Surefire RC cans are hella tough so I shouldnt need a muzzle break right? Or should I still use one? I'm debating between the break and the Surefire closed tine Warcomp.

I dont shoot a ton so I'm wondering if the Warcomp would give me a better shooting experience IE more sound reduction and recoil reduction vs the added can protection of running a brake.

Brake.
The warcomp performs amazing by itself.
The warcomp under the SOCOM is NOT good. It leaks a lot of gas and sound pressure back to the shooter since it doesn’t have the labyrinth seals.
Geez I'm glad I asked I definitely dont need any more gas in my face.

What are labyrinth seals?

I’m in the same boat and have been researching tirelessly for weeks about it. I settled on 3 prong FH since the can is durable and the MB makes the dB rating at the ear jump up a lot.

F5615335-8EA2-4D9F-9D7C-EE09169A93C9.jpeg

Just a heads up, the wrench flats are not standard wrench width on the SF muzzle devices, I had to modify my magpul armorers wrench to fit them. There’s a 3 prong wrench that’s under $20 but it’s always sold out. If you go 3 prong hit me up I’ll be happy to install it for you if you don’t have a wrench that will fit.
461CDE03-97AF-4E6C-81CE-E96D112C8FBB.jpeg
67006CD3-842A-4216-A6E2-5D5F03B4096D.jpeg
D1AF5343-9FCE-4716-A66E-9AEDC47CCDF4.jpeg
BEBE55AD-064F-433E-A016-32F4C4648F47.jpeg
8F697011-5C60-46E5-8620-25A1F4D9CB42.jpeg

Just a heads up, the wrench flats are not standard wrench width on the SF muzzle devices, I had to modify my magpul armorers wrench to fit them. There’s a 3 prong wrench that’s under $20 but it’s always sold out. If you go 3 prong hit me up I’ll be happy to install it for you if you don’t have a wrench that will fit.View attachment 3825470View attachment 3825472View attachment 3825473View attachment 3825474View attachment 3825477
Thanks I only have a regular armorer's wrench, NCStar I think, might be Magpul I cant remember and I dont have anything to mill it out like you.

Where are you located?

I’m in the same boat and have been researching tirelessly for weeks about it. I settled on 3 prong FH since the can is durable and the MB makes the dB rating at the ear jump up a lot.

View attachment 3825424
Thats why I wanted to avoid the brake if I could because I figured it would be louder than the warcomp but maybe the warcomp is just as loud. Do you get any tinging with the 3 prong?

I was thinking about the RC2. I know the SB2 is for SBRs but I'm trying to remember the difference. IIRC the bore is a little bigger right? Is the blast baffle any stronger? Any db difference?
It just has a larger bore, exact same can otherwise.
Thanks I only have a regular armorer's wrench, NCStar I think, might be Magpul I cant remember and I dont have anything to mill it out like you.

Where are you located?
Tucker/Doraville/Norcross Triangle
Thats why I wanted to avoid the brake if I could because I figured it would be louder than the warcomp but maybe the warcomp is just as loud. Do you get any tinging with the 3 prong?
It does ping outside of the can but not bad, inside of the can I’m not sure yet since it is in jail (come on 90day approvals!!)
If it pings inside the can when shooting I’m going to mill a hole in each prong from the tip towards the base at different depths to unbalance the harmonics and keep it from ringing.

Back
Top Bottom