• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Boyds Gun Stock 0 UPS 1

Kaikias

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
I recently ordered a stock for my Savage FVSR from Boyd's- and while I haven't received the stock yet my experience has been pretty bad so far.
They printed the wrong shipping address and my package went off to who knows where, I've tried contacting them unsuccessfully for the past week, leaving several messages.
Last night while in class I received a call from them and the message they left was as follows:

"Thank you for contacting us Mr XXX- your package has been shipped and here is the tracking number. If you have any further questions about the status of your order call me at *********"

What?! How do you get "I would like to know if my package has shipped" from multiple messages saying "I'm calling about order #**** My order is going to the wrong address, here is the right address- Please contact me at*********"

Since the package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow I decided to give UPS customer service a try expecting the worst- I couldn't have been more wrong. After less then 3 minutes on the phone they rerouted it to the correct address and it should be here tomorrow.

In summery

Boyds has terrible customer service
UPS was great

Hopefully the product is better then thier service :s

It's what we have done to ourselves that cause businesses to treat us as consumers this way. People always ask me why I feel the need to complain about sub-standard service. I tell them because if we don't, it will only get worse, and it has. this is a fine example of what has become of everyone just accepting sub-standard service and thinking that it will not do anything by complaining.

I just called a company that I ordered K Frame Pachmayr grips from "a week ago". I was wondering where they were or why I had not received a tracking number yet. All of a sudden, I get an email with an apology, telling me that they shipped today and enclosed is the tracking number. I check the tracking number and there is no information on the package yet. This makes me think that, if I had not called, my package would still be waiting to ship. I mean, they have had my money for a week now. Where is my product right. But, the reason is, once again sub-standard service is rewarded these days as the normal way of doing business and the way to treat consumers. The company I ordered them from is Lymanproducts.com. Never again will they get another dime from me. OK Rant Over...

Back
Top Bottom