• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bows

I had a Diamond Black Ice and a 82nd Airborne. The Black Ice is still around and got some upgrades this year. Very smooth, pretty quick ( 291 fps with 383 gr arrow @29") and ultra quiet. The 82nd was not bad for the bow that it was.

82nd Airborne
Pros:
It shoots good.
It's fast.
It's accurate.
It's consistant.
It has a cool name honoring our military as do most BowTech bows.
When it (and all 82nds) was bought new, BowTech made a donation to www.TAPS.org
No hand shock.
It's a good looking bow.
347 gr arrow, 61.5#, 29" draw: 305 fps

Cons:
Depending on the model year:
2009 - There are no cons.
2008 and before - The position of the string stop is weird.

Last edited:
I am shooting a Matthews Outback for the 6th year. That should tell you how I feel about it. Last year I went in and was going to buy the Switchback. Guy behind the counter told me to stay with the Outback it was a better bow than the Switchhback. I have had no complaints with the Outback so far. It has done everything that I have asked it to do except take out the trash. I had a problem with it last year but it turned out it was my ageing eyes and not the bow.

I'm not a hunter so I prefer longer ATA target style bows. My current favorite is a Martin Razor X with Nitrous cams and the shoot through system. I have a mint Martin Scepter coming in this week so we'll see how it compares. I just shoot in my backyard so I'm not an expert bow person - I just like to shoot...

Back
Top Bottom