• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Boot Knife?... Anyone?

smoothhd

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
15   0
Reaction score
Does anyone carry a boot knife daily? In your boot? Outside your boot? On your ankle? Folder or fixed?

When I was in my teen years! I went coon hunting with a friends dad and he carried a small fixed blade laced up in his work boots. I thought it was kinda cool. I’ve tried it several times throughout the years but never really found anything comfortable enough for lace up boots but do wear a folder w/pocket clip in my pull-ons.

Just wondered if I was the only weirdo that carries knives in their boot.

Does anyone carry a boot knife daily? In your boot? Outside your boot? On your ankle? Folder or fixed?

When I was in my teen years! I went coon hunting with a friends dad and he carried a small fixed blade laced up in his work boots. I thought it was kinda cool. I’ve tried it several times throughout the years but never really found anything comfortable enough for lace up boots but do wear a folder w/pocket clip in my pull-ons.

Just wondered if I was the only weirdo that carries knives in their boot.
I tried carrying a boot knife years ago but it was just a pain in the ass to get to. I do carry an ESEE Izula II in a custom fitted kydex sheath at the small of my back a lot, it sits at a 45 degree angle tipped upward and it’s pretty easy to get to. I carry a Kershaw Launch II auto with pocket clip & small Swiss Army knife everyday though.

I've tried it, didn't care for it. It takes a taller boot to work and not be uncomfortable; and I typically do not wear tall boots. Everyone I've known that boot carries regularly wears a taller more open boot that slips on (cowboy or leather work boots).

Kershaw, had it since 1985
1646485680719.png

Back
Top Bottom