• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* BOLO stolen gun thread.... *

That's why I am very skeptical of those guys selling handguns WITHOUT the original box!!
I know some guns you don't have the box. My Son gave me a long time ago a Smith & Wesson .40, and he didn't have the box.... BUT, be your own judge! Make questions! Make bill of sale!!!

That's why I am very skeptical of those guys selling handguns WITHOUT the original box!!
I know some guns you don't have the box. My Son gave me a long time ago a Smith & Wesson .40, and he didn't have the box.... BUT, be your own judge! Make questions! Make bill of sale!!!
it protects you..

Howdy folks, I haven't been here in years! So sorry, my only excuse is that it was costing me so much money! Hehe

Anyway, I had hoped I'd NEVER have to say something like this, but last week, a gun was stolen from my car, parked in the carport at my house.

It must've happened late January 9th, or in the wee hours of the morning, January 10th. I have a camera that records when it senses motion, but for whatever reason, it did NOT pick up this incident! I'm furious, needless to say.

My CZ 82 was taken from my glovebox, along with its leather pouch and one spare magazine. Both magazines were fully loaded, and there was a round in the pipe, as well. That's 25 possible TERRIBLE things these little thieves can make happen, and I cannot stop thinking about it.

I called the DeKalb police, and they said they'd send someone out. Nobody came. I called them again, the next day, and they said it's something they do over the phone, and to wait by the phone for them to call. I waited, and they never called.

I plan to call again, but I'm getting the impression they don't give a ****.

I'm wondering what else I should do, like, should I be going to Pawn shops to see if it's been traded in? Would the shop have to give it back to me, if I found it there? Or could anyone do that, now that I've posted a pic of it, along with the serial number?

Anyway, I'm just beside myself. I think I'm gonna get another security camera, for one thing. I had actually brought the CZ82 inside at one point, several weeks back, for the purpose of avoiding just this sort of thing happening, but I guess I must've eventually put it back in the glovebox. I feel so stupid. I loved that pistol.

Anyway, I've made a picture with some info about the gun, I'll post it here.
0112200045.jpg

Howdy folks, I haven't been here in years! So sorry, my only excuse is that it was costing me so much money! Hehe

Anyway, I had hoped I'd NEVER have to say something like this, but last week, a gun was stolen from my car, parked in the carport at my house.

It must've happened late January 9th, or in the wee hours of the morning, January 10th. I have a camera that records when it senses motion, but for whatever reason, it did NOT pick up this incident! I'm furious, needless to say.

My CZ 82 was taken from my glovebox, along with its leather pouch and one spare magazine. Both magazines were fully loaded, and there was a round in the pipe, as well. That's 25 possible TERRIBLE things these little thieves can make happen, and I cannot stop thinking about it.

I called the DeKalb police, and they said they'd send someone out. Nobody came. I called them again, the next day, and they said it's something they do over the phone, and to wait by the phone for them to call. I waited, and they never called.

I plan to call again, but I'm getting the impression they don't give a ****.

I'm wondering what else I should do, like, should I be going to Pawn shops to see if it's been traded in? Would the shop have to give it back to me, if I found it there? Or could anyone do that, now that I've posted a pic of it, along with the serial number?

Anyway, I'm just beside myself. I think I'm gonna get another security camera, for one thing. I had actually brought the CZ82 inside at one point, several weeks back, for the purpose of avoiding just this sort of thing happening, but I guess I must've eventually put it back in the glovebox. I feel so stupid. I loved that pistol.

Anyway, I've made a picture with some info about the gun, I'll post it here.
View attachment 2447353

Id post it on Hotgunz and call your local sheriffs office to have them flag the serial number in NCIC.

ninjagrips said:
....Last week, my CZ82 was stolen from my car's glove box parked in the
carport at my house. Must've happened late January 9th or wee hours of
the morning January 10th. I have a camera that records when it senses
motion but for whatever reason, it did NOT pick up this incident......
Wonder what else I should do, should I go to Pawn shops to see if it's been
traded in? Would the shop have to give it back to me if I found it there?
Or can anyone do that now that I've posted a pic of it along with the serial no?
I'm gonna get another security camera for one thing. I had actually brought the
CZ82 inside at one point several weeks back for the purpose of avoiding just this
sort of thing. I guess I must've eventually put it back in the glove box.
If camera did not pick up any motion that night hopefully you checked it for
proper function since then. If it does function properly then return to possibility
that you removed it and didn't return it to glove box. Check indoor storage areas
and hopefully you will discover your CZ82 safely where you left it last. Also where
else had car been prior to 1/9 that gun may have been removed (since not on camera).
Yes, I'd visit the local pawn shops and provide written descrip, photos, and serial #.
Also any local gun shops that might accept 'trade-ins'. Not likely to provide results
but ya never know. Also ask yourself who else knew gun was in glove box.
Good luck w/search hopefully it will resurface.

Appreciate it, but I'm certain it was in the glove box. The entire house was torn apart by me the day the gun disappeared. And I've looked several times, since then, just to be sure.

I'm getting another camera, just to be safe, as well. One that can record even if the network connection cuts out.

Item Name: SMITH AND WESSON SW40 STOLEN

Zip Code: 31088

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 40

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: STOLEN SMITH AND WESSON SERIAL NUMBER DVN69 FIRST 5

Back
Top Bottom