• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever bought a gun that was used in a crime or stolen?

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
I bought a rifle from a fellow on another outdoor forum. He shipped it over 2 weeks ago. shipped from Connecticut to Georgia. A week later the package shows in California. Showed up yesterday at the FFL. Box with a stock and bolt no gun. The seller is now having to have a ATF trace and theft report filed. The buyer says he will send my money back. Im thinking who steals a barreled action with out a bolt or stock? We will see if the gun miraculously is found by the shipping agent when ATF gets involved. Im sure this happens often and got to thinking. So has anyone ever bought a gun and found out later it was stolen or used in a crime?
On another thought I was looking at a listing today on this forum and seen a post for some handguns and got a gut feeling that this person is off loading some guns that were probably used for nefarious reasons. Lol

I bought a 30-06 from a cousin. Sold it on here to a good fellow. Week later my uncle calls and asked me if I had bought it and I said yea but sold it online. He freaked and told me that my cousin stole it from his brother. I retraced the transaction and contacted the buyer. He was cool with a refund cause he had already killed 2 deer with it.

Stolen guns in and around the ATL???

thats-impossible-5c5e63.jpg

I once traded something for a gun. A couple months later a “detective” called me telling me to give the gun back to the guy that I got it from so he could get it back from him because it was stolen. I told him I’d have no problem returning it to its owner but wanted a copy of the police report. He then made up an elaborate story about the owner being out of the country and that I could get the report when he came back.

I called the police department that the guy claimed to be from, they’d never heard of him. Never heard anything else about it.

Pretty sure the guy I traded with was trying to get the gun back and concocted the scheme up, but didn’t want to return what I traded him.

Back
Top Bottom