Bobcat in Cartersville

What's the rules on hinting bobcats?
Had one wonder into my barn in a middle of the day. I have kids and an inside/outside old cat I am concerned about....

they are regulated but like anything if it poses a threat you can always take things into your hands. that being said i've had tons of bobs on property we've owned and seen them a bunhc and never had an issue with them. To me bobcats are on the same level as foxes where I could hunt them but i prefer to watch them and let them be. natural predators are a good thing as well, anyone that hunts any of our family property knows most things are fine but cats are a strict no shoot.

Had one wonder into my barn in a middle of the day. I have kids and an inside/outside old cat I am concerned about....
there is a season for bobcats but if you feel like your safety or your children's safety is at risk I wouldn't care if they were in season or not. The season ends on the 28th of this month. They're some of the smartest predators in the woods that I've seen. I remember an old timer telling yotes use their nose and bobcats use everything especially their eyes.

I have a silver fox and a fox den on the property. She had kits a few years ago.

I do not kill for the sake of killing, just do not want bobcat to come after kids or my cat...
As long as it stays in the woods, it is fine with me.

Around the first of December - February 28th, fox, bobcats, rabbits, fur bearing animals...

best wishes to you on your hunting quest...

I have a silver fox and a fox den on the property. She had kits a few years ago.

I do not kill for the sake of killing, just do not want bobcat to come after kids or my cat...

If you see them close to the house they gotta go...

there is a season for bobcats but if you feel like your safety or your children's safety is at risk I wouldn't care if they were in season or not. The season ends on the 28th of this month. They're some of the smartest predators in the woods that I've seen. I remember an old timer telling yotes use their nose and bobcats use everything especially their eyes.

Around the first of December - February 28th, fox, bobcats, rabbits, fur bearing animals...

best wishes to you on your hunting quest...

well thankfully cats are much better predators than yotes are and i honestly know of very few stories where they take a pet. their a hell of a lot smarter too so once they think your danger they should be giving you a wide birth.

If it were me, i'd peg it with a pellet gun, yell at it and chase it off. If it makes a habit of coming around still then you really have no choice but to put it down. Just offer it up to a taxidermist to put the body to good use.

Back
Top Bottom