• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Black panthers (4 legged variety)

Either a dark colored panther or a large black panther that used to be a pet and got loose or was turned loose like many non-native species. DNR may not want it reported even if they knew because it would eat into their budget once hunters found out there is a large panther out there in the dark woods stalking them back to their truck. The next time on your way to the stand in the dark and the hair on your neck stands up, panther!

Either a dark colored panther or a large black panther that used to be a pet and got loose or was turned loose like many non-native species. DNR may not want it reported even if they knew because it would eat into their budget once hunters found out there is a large panther out there in the dark woods stalking them back to their truck. The next time on your way to the stand in the dark and the hair on your neck stands up, panther![/QUOTE

That did it.....now I'm armed to put out the trash. Time to Google panthers and see how they hunt!

I remember seeing what looked like a Black Panther, about 20 years ago when I went to Big Canoe with my parents. If I'm not mistaken my Dad took photos of it with a Polaroid camera. I might have to go see if I can find those pictures. I don't remember much about it, I just remember my Dad freaking out and being scared doo dooless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, my wife and a game warden watched a very large black cat walk across the road in front of us one night two years ago just south of Sparta GA.

I was pulled over getting the keys to the gate going into our hunting property when the warden pulled up to see why I was sitting on the side of the road. I saw him and knew what he was doing so I just sat in the truck waiting on him to walk up to my window to ask me what I was doing. When the warden got to my window he asked if everything was OK. I told him that I was getting my keys to "that gate" and pointed, when we all three looked where I was pointing the large black cat with a tail longer than the body quickly walked across the road not 50 yards in front of us.

The warden let out a "holy doo doo, did you see that?" My wife and I both answered with a "YES!". We all then drove into my camp where the cat looked to have came from to find tracks in the sand. The next day we had 4 game warden in my camp looking around at tracks and talking about black panthers. Anyone can call a big black cat whatever they want or say that there are none, I could care less. Much smarter people in the world have been more sure and just as wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen two cougars. One in Cuthbert and one in Parrot. Both were at night and I was looking through a thermal. There's just no mistaking what I saw. They were both glowing white because it was thermal, so I cant say what color they were.

if they don't exist why can't you shoot them? How can something that doesn't exist be protected? If I see big foot I'm shooting him too.

seriously though, what is it? If panthera is "the feline genus which contains lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars" is it a jaguar people are seeing? A "Puma" like a cougar or mountain lion. What does DNR say people are seeing?

if they don't exist why can't you shoot them? How can something that doesn't exist be protected? If I see big foot I'm shooting him too.

seriously though, what is it? If panthera is "the feline genus which contains lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars" is it a jaguar people are seeing? A "Puma" like a cougar or mountain lion. What does DNR say people are seeing?

DNR regs stipulate you cant shoot either, the Florida panther or a western puma in GA. Why would ya shoot bigfoot? What did he do to you?:becky:

Back
Top Bottom