• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Sleeper sedan

2943EFAC-82DE-4255-B07B-152FFE47E016.jpeg

I've Heard that the 1970s era AMC gremlins had a V-8 engine option now the factory V8 was just a 304 in.³ with only 150 something horsepower,

but you could replace it with a much larger, higher performing engine!
A few guys have taken theirs to over 750 hp --a real "sleeper" since this is a compact car that "looks like" it should come with a 90 hp 4-cylinder engine and get 35 miles per gallon.

View attachment 3146171
I've Heard that the 1970s era AMC gremlins had a V-8 engine option now the factory V8 was just a 304 in.³ with only 150 something horsepower,

but you could replace it with a much larger, higher performing engine!
A few guys have taken theirs to over 750 hp --a real "sleeper" since this is a compact car that "looks like" it should come with a 90 hp 4-cylinder engine and get 35 miles per gallon.
My Air Force recruiter had a pinto with a v8 and a for real blower he drove to work most days.

Gotta go w/the M5. Short of actually seeing the badge, they look pretty plain Jane going down the road (unless you know what you're looking at). I can spot one from a mile away, but most of the general public assumes it's on par with a 530i.

The 340i's are pretty fast for what they are. And now that BMW uses almost all closed deck blocks, reliability has improved. The only worrying part is the turbo longevity.

Back
Top Bottom