• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Sleeper sedan

Ok..name or list your favorite sedans that look line plain janes, but are fast little sports sedans under the hood? What your favorite fast car that doesn't look like a fast car? I really like the Audi RS3, especially if your remove the small RS3 badges. You could blow away some kids in Camaros and mustangs at a light and they would never see it coming.

Ok..name or list your favorite sedans that look line plain janes, but are fast little sports sedans under the hood? What your favorite fast car that doesn't look like a fast car? I really like the Audi RS3, especially if your remove the small RS3 badges. You could blow away some kids in Camaros and mustangs at a light and they would never see it coming.
Early 90s
Volvo 740 turbo, Starion/Conquest would keep up with most factory v8 cars or eclipse AWD turbo would surprise many on wet pavement

sedan we own comes to mind currently, but still older. 03 infinity Q45 has 340hp and decent electronic traction assist. Will shame a lot of younger folks depending on what they’re driving.
Fun thread
Thanks!

I take my pick in the morning taking my daughter to school. My VW or the wifes mercedes.

My touareg is a 2006. Black. Looks pretty standard, except the 20" wheels. Maybe the person at the light notices the 6 piston brembos on the front and 4 piston brembos in the rear. Or the slightly lower stance (if I have the air suspension in "sport" mode). Or the 315/35s in the back. But when you hit the gas the 600+ lb/ft of torque @ 2k rpm and awd will turn the thing into a rocket across the intersection. its pretty fun. plus the mid range on the freeway is intoxicating. Under the hood is a 5 liter twin turbo V10 diesel. :)

Wifes car is no slouch. Basic 2 door E series mercedes convertible that you see all over town. But the motor is the 550 - twin turbo v8 good for (understated) 400+hp, 450 tq. I'd probably consider it more of a sleeper than my VW.

Back
Top Bottom