Best red dot for under $100?

Irons for sure have their place and should never be skimped on, but Irons are a HUGE set back in low light to at night time in my experience, maybe I am just not as proficient with them as I should be, I just cant see the buggards when it starts to get dark....A red dot of some sort is invaluable if you ever go shooting around astronomical twilight or nighttime.

have you tried the trijicon irons for an AR? I have them on my Bushmaster and they make target acquisition in low light much easier when relying on irons only. They would be in the price range of a $100 bucks too.

have you tried the trijicon irons for an AR? I have them on my Bushmaster and they make target acquisition in low light much easier when relying on irons only. They would be in the price range of a $100 bucks too.

No I haven't, not yet at least.....But I actually have a set on the way to me for the Ar I am currently building up! Good to hear they do good, I assumed they would since I love the trijicons on my pistols, but I was unsure on the rifle.

No I haven't, not yet at least.....But I actually have a set on the way to me for the Ar I am currently building up! Good to hear they do good, I assumed they would since I love the trijicons on my pistols, but I was unsure on the rifle.

I love mine, if you were closer I would offer to meet up and let you check them out. Both me and a good friend on mine run them and they do make a hell of a difference, though they are a bit of a tight fit in an A.R.M.S #40 flip up rear site.

I'm looking at the Primary Arms. I know I would be more well served with an Aimpoint, but I just can't swing it right now. Better off shooting irons until I can afford a better electronic sight, or is it reasonable to throw a $100 sight on a weapon I would use to defend myself if I had to? I'm wrestling with what to do here.

I'm looking at the Primary Arms. I know I would be more well served with an Aimpoint, but I just can't swing it right now. Better off shooting irons until I can afford a better electronic sight, or is it reasonable to throw a $100 sight on a weapon I would use to defend myself if I had to? I'm wrestling with what to do here.

Learn to shoot the irons and save up otherwise in the long run you will be out a $100 more dollars since you'll never get you money out buying the cheaper sights using them and trying to sell them.

Irons for sure have their place and should never be skimped on, but Irons are a HUGE set back in low light to at night time in my experience, maybe I am just not as proficient with them as I should be, I just cant see the buggards when it starts to get dark....A red dot of some sort is invaluable if you ever go shooting around astronomical twilight or nighttime.

Flash light son, run it along the handguard if its lit up you will be sending lead in its direction.

Learn to shoot the irons and save up otherwise in the long run you will be out a $100 more dollars since you'll never get you money out buying the cheaper sights using them and trying to sell them.

My proficiency with iron sights on an AR is exceptional. This would be my first entry into electronic sighting systems on any weapon. I guess I'm going to have to hold out for an Aimpoint or something more expensive. Shame you can't get into a decent one for less than an obscene fortune.

My proficiency with iron sights on an AR is exceptional. This would be my first entry into electronic sighting systems on any weapon. I guess I'm going to have to hold out for an Aimpoint or something more expensive. Shame you can't get into a decent one for less than an obscene fortune.

You can get a primary...Why not.? Maybe spend the dough on a larue mount first. Then save or sell some stuff and work up to an Aimpoint. The real issue is if its a range plinker you can use millet 30mm scope rings and a primary. Will hold zero fairly well. But if its going to be a gun that you trust your life too get the good gear. I have like 15 years of battery life between the one in the sight and batterys in the mount and foregrip. Thats a pretty good feeling. Waterproof, snow, ice, dirt proof. You can take it off and slap it on your buddys AR, go right back on yours at the same zero. You get what you pay for brother. Look sharp, you can find deals on here. EoTech is a solid sight as well for abt 250 used. You dont need a mount with it either.

Back
Top Bottom