• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Practices / Trader Etiquette

Ok, so I updated the original post with a list of things I've seen mentioned here and in other threads. If one of the mods wants to break it out into it's own sticky or something, fine by me

If you think I'm missing something or dead wrong, bring it up.

I am not a fan of rules on how someone fulfills their own private transactions. Rules for the site and posting, of course.....but not to say what someone does with their trade/sale.

I agree with what Firewall is stating, and tend to do business in much the same way. But again....too many rules will become a slippery slope.

I think ettiquette is a wide open subject. Like Shovel said, if the deal goes south, last time I speak to ya. Move along. The best traders will be gentlemen, the hit and miss types don't last too long.

I will add one tip for "etiquette". Please remember that words on a screen DO NOT show "tone or cadence". People are quick to pop off and sour a thread quick. While some enjoy the fighting, others just find it childish.
I have been guilty of taking something wrong before. Benefit of the doubt goes along way.

Just be glad we have such a kick ass forum to be part of.

Back
Top Bottom